Wife’s 5g water parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PandaKing

Aquarium Advice Regular
So we have been battling issues with water parameters just on the 1 tank(my turtle tank has way better water readings an it’s changed bi-weekly) her tank is home to 1 betta fish, 1 nerite snail an few pond snails from plant we put in when started the tank feb last year. Water has always tested good, but we noticed that her bettas fans look ragged lately an thought well that’s weird so we tested the water an his readings were way off. It’s been a battle for over a month now an his tests come back same no matter how many water changes I do, she has never had any algae, tank water is always crystal clear(jealous but I’m brackish) and only plant showing a sign of anything is her Anubias, the creeping Jenny is growing fine. The test results as of today are
IMG_4987.jpg

Did you shake the heck out of the nitrate test bottles or bang them against something over and over? They can throw false readings.

Did you shake the heck out of the nitrate test bottles or bang them against something over and over? They can throw false readings.

Yup shock bottles for good min or 2 before dropping and shock test tube for minute after an waited.

Back
Top Bottom