Wild caught micro fish tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chest Rockwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
Finally finished with the quarantine process for these wild fish species. I don't think anyone has something like this.....ever, so come check it out as I go over all 10 wild fish species in this unique setup. Let me know what you thing and enjoy!! https://youtu.be/26DiC5ixNGE

Sorry for the late response..For the most part they are doing very good, a few losses during the whole process of acclimation and what not...I have the species listed in the video description on my YouTube page both wild caught and store bought. But I will list them again here.
WILD CAUGHT SPECIES:
Swamp Darter(s)(Sex Unknown)
Bluegill(Sex Unknown)
Golden Topminnow(s)(Male and Female)
Sailfin Molly(s)(Female)
Least Killifish(Male and Female)
Eastern Mosquitofish(Super Male)
Bluefin Killifish(Female)
American Flagfish(Sex Unknown)
Seminole Flagfish(Sex Unknown)

I feed them tropical fish flakes as the main diet, the brand I use is a homemade food(Unknown) bought from a specialty LFS. I occasionally feed them freeze dried tubifex worms and cichlid pellets. I would like to feed black worms to them and get that on video footage, used to get them for some dwarf puffers I used to have.
Guys let me know if you want to see updates on the tank?

Quite a random collection of wild caught. Your bluegill will quickly outgrow those others and start consuming them, as it gets considerably larger than most of those species. Eventually, you will need to remove it as it isn't truly a micro species. The sailfins will also get quite aggressive towards the others as they grow in size.

Quite a random collection of wild caught. Your bluegill will quickly outgrow those others and start consuming them, as it gets considerably larger than most of those species. Eventually, you will need to remove it as it isn't truly a micro species. The sailfins will also get quite aggressive towards the others as they grow in size.

So glad to see you Wy Renegade! You are wonderful resource for native fish!

Back
Top Bottom