Will adult kuhli loaches eat snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattoid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I couldn't find any reference to this on AA or otherwise, but does anyone have any experience with larger kuhli's eating pond or smaller snails? My not so local LFS where I got them suggested they would slowly. I'm not after them as a means of cleaning up, but like the idea of giving them a go.
I have kuhlis in the 4 foot and there are very few snails, but my 2 foot without kuhlis has hundreds! I remove them by hand here and there at PWC's and wouldn't mind some loach help.
P.S. I am not after another type of loach as a means to keep the numbers at bay, just looking to validate a reason/excuse to get more kuhlis. thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I haven't kept khuli's so I don't have any first hand experience to offer here... But from what I've read and heard from others, only the Botia and the Yasuhikotakia families of loaches will eat snails.

The more the merrier - that's reason enough :)

best reason is you like them , I love my yo yo loachs

can't argue with that logic! (although my wife always manages to come up with very rational, sensible thoughts for me to take on board when I tell her I'm off to the LFS!)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom