Will my bettas fins grow back??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently made the mistake of putting my male betta with 3 black skirt tetras. The tetras ripped the fins right off the poor betta. Will they heal?? If so, how long will it take??

Before attackedView attachment 252813

After atackedImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413242614.934070.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If the tears have not gone all the way to his body, he should recover. I don't know how quickly, though. You might want to consider adding something like Seachem Paraguard to prevent him getting any fungal infections, and make very, very sure that the water he is in is extra clean

It should heal over time I've torn of my first bettas fins by beginner mistakes and mixing with the wrong fish and the missing chunks healed over time but I have not seen any thing that bad before it may take a long time to heal

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Overtime they will heal. Be sure to keep the tank extra clean to prevent bacterial infections.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My betta had some fin rot after I got him at the store, after I started salt treatment it took a few months until his fins started looking really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom