Will they be ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, Everyone I just want to know something. next week I am going out of town from Wednesday to Sunday just wondering if my fishies will survive the three day vacation with me not around to monitor them... Let me know I am getting kinda Nervous.....:(

I think they should be just fine. I don't feed mine for over 4days sometimes and they are just hungry when I return I would be mostly worried about the top-off portion I have a jug that has a drip line to feed RO/DI for evaporation

They will be fine. Just be sure to feed just before you leave and as soon as you get back. I`ve done it several times for three or four days.

You can always feed'm a little xtra starting Sunday if it makes you feel better IME. It made me feel better, but I was leaving town for 7 days. Twice a day instead of once before you go.

Last edited:
Alright I feel better about it now. Well I am going to do a PWC tomorrow cause i got a Cayno Bloom again I am going thru the process of filtering Tap water from my system and replacing it with RO/DI... But I definitly will be feeding a little extra before I leave. I guess since I am gone would be a good time to just leave the lights off since I don't have a timer at least to get ride of my cayno problem.....

I would get a timer before you leave. Less than $10 at any hardware store... especially with everyone stocked up with Christmas lighting supplies and all, it shouldn't be too hard to find. It's just one less thing to stress the fish out. But agree... them going without food for that length shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom