Will this light work in a 90gal Freshwater Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmartin71

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know it says saltwater but will this work for Freshwater Tank?

AQUATIC LIFE T5 HO LIGHT FIXTURE FOR SALTWATER TANKS 48" LONG --IT HAS 4 54W BULBS AND 4 DOUBLE LED MOON LIGHTS --IT HAS 2 48"T5 HO 54W AUTINIC BULBS --2 48"T5 HO 54W 10,000K BULBS --4 DOUBLE 1 WATT EACH BLUE LUNAR LEDS

For what? Are you going to grow plants with it? If so, what are you hoping to grow?

I want to have plants in the 90 and I remember someone saying that since I had low light I could do a few different ones, but if I wanted others I would need more light and I found this number locally for a small fee above what I paid for the Aquaticlife dual lamp I bought with tank. So would I be better to start with this one instead of having to upgrade later?

That'll be fine for plants. You'll be at low light with the way it's currently set up. You'll be medium high/ high light if you replace the actnics with 6500k or 10,000k bulbs.

mfdrookie516 said:
That'll be fine for plants. You'll be at low light with the way it's currently set up. You'll be medium high/ high light if you replace the actnics with 6500k or 10,000k bulbs.

These are the bulbs in it now

--2 48"T5 HO 54W AUTINIC BULBS
--2 48"T5 HO 54W 10,000K BULBS
--4 DOUBLE 1 WATT EACH BLUE LUNAR LEDS
--NEWER BULBS ONLY 2 AND A HALF MONTHS OLD

Thanks I just the four bulb light would be better than the the two bulb one!!

Yeah, definitely. You just have to remember that actinic lights do nothing for plants, so until you replace the actinic bulbs, you'll have a 2 bulb fixture (in the plants perspective).

Back
Top Bottom