Will this work????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxantonio11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to start a 29 gallon tank. Will these fish do okay with each other?!

1) Amazon Puffer
2) Greenscat

AND MAYBE

3) Freshwater Snowflake Eel
4) Red Claw Crab

Scats are brackish so the puffer won't be able to live with it. You could try a brackish puffer like a figure 8 puffer but I don't know about the size requirements. Scats are schooling fish and will need a bigger tank anyway.

Hello, Amazons a puffers are one of the few species of puffer that is fresh water. Scats are brackish, and the snow flake eel is salt water. So that set up wont work. Possibly a peacock eel if you want a eel, your makin me think about it now lol. I just upgraded my 10 and am getting a 29 gal. I decided that i am going to go with 2 amazons, a pictus cat (possibly rainbow shark, or both), a ram, and my clown pleco that i already have. I have read that most fish without long flowing fins will do fine with Amazons (ie. Mollies,rams,platys), but there is always that possillity that they can snap. If you do go with a amazon (or any puffer) make sure you have a heavily planted tank with lots of places for them to explore. Amazons also perfer to be in groups, prob 2-3 for a 29. Also it is very hard to find amazons at least were i live. I have searched all over NY and couldnt find any. :( im still on the hunt though. Thats just what ive found on amazons in my searches. Hopefully i helped you with some possible tank mates and tank layout

Hello, Amazons a puffers are one of the few species of puffer that is fresh water. Scats are brackish, and the snow flake eel is salt water. So that set up wont work. Possibly a peacock eel if you want a eel, your makin me think about it now lol. I just upgraded my 10 and am getting a 29 gal. I decided that i am going to go with 2 amazons, a pictus cat (possibly rainbow shark, or both), a ram, and my clown pleco that i already have. I have read that most fish without long flowing fins will do fine with Amazons (ie. Mollies,rams,platys), but there is always that possillity that they can snap. If you do go with a amazon (or any puffer) make sure you have a heavily planted tank with lots of places for them to explore. Amazons also perfer to be in groups, prob 2-3 for a 29. Also it is very hard to find amazons at least were i live. I have searched all over NY and couldnt find any. :( im still on the hunt though. Thats just what ive found on amazons in my searches. Hopefully i helped you with some possible tank mates and tank layout

Hi! Not tryin to switch topics, but this tank would not work. a pictus and a rainbow shark both need 55 plus..

Hi! Not tryin to switch topics, but this tank would not work. a pictus and a rainbow shark both need 55 plus..

Agreed, OP suggestion is a no for the reasons described above as is the 29G build

Way too many issues with yer proposed set-up.

The scat is brackish to full marine when adult, and can reach 12". The same water requirements for the moray, which can reach 2'+. The puffer is fully FW, as stated. And all would likely try to eat the crab. I guarantee the puffer and moray eel will try to eat the crab, and scats will eat just 'bout anything, so i wouldn't be surprised if crab was on the menu there as well.

Pictus cats and rainbow sharks get too large for a 29, as stated. Never kept Amazon puffers, but IME the puffer species I have kept show quite a bit of variance between individuals. And "peaceful" is a relative term. I'd be careful with any tankmates.

WYite

I was stating my ideas for my 29 gal tank, not sugesting what he should do for his tank. My tank is a long version of the 29 (perhaps i should have stated b4) so adiquite space is provided on the floor of the tank, for a rainbow. I apreciate the help, but have takin many things into consideration with my setup, and know what i am doing.

I was stating my ideas for my 29 gal tank, not sugesting what he should do for his tank. My tank is a long version of the 29 (perhaps i should have stated b4) so adiquite space is provided on the floor of the tank, for a rainbow. I apreciate the help, but have takin many things into consideration with my setup, and know what i am doing.

There isn't a 29 long. There is a 30 long but its only 6 in. More, still a foot shorter than the 55..

My tank is a custom built tank. I have done my research and know the requirements for the fish. I was not posting to get my set up picked apart please stick to the topic at hand.
Thank You

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom