woah, this is cool!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alrighty, my little stowaway ramshorns are my favorite stow aways of all my snails. I had a ton of them in my newt/betta tank. When i feed my new frozen bloodworms every other night, the snails go onto the land part of my land/water tank and eat all the bloodworms that my newt didnt, I have been noticing the colour of their foot(slimp movey thing) gradually turn colour from a boring brownish beige, to bright deep, blood red! I think this is awsome, and anybody that wants to try it, go for it, feed your snails bloodworms, I bet it would work with all kinds like MTS apple and mystery snails. I have since taken the snails out of my newt tank so they don't get any more bloodworms, but the colour has stayed. I was really excited to see this transformation, Just wanted to share. :eek: :D

W H E R E A R E T H E P I C T U R E S ? ? ? :mrgreen:

I believe it - I've been feeding my koi angelfish frozen bloodworms once a week, and I've noticed that their yellows and orange markings are more vibrant.

Don't have a camera. I am going to try this wil my mystery snail too, i think that would be neat. Sorry i can't get any pics. lol I am so excited about this for some reason, lol. I need a camera!

Hmm... maybe I should start a small tank with just my ramshorns and try that. Nice tip. =)

That's pretty interesting. I think I'll try it. I bet it'll make a difference in their shell color in the long run too.

My brigs love blood worms, will chase them down when put in fro the frog. They get all the leftovers. Not sure if this is why their shells are so vibrant or not. They have been getting them since they were babies. I thought I was just maintaining the tank really well. ????? Who knows!

Stow away in my plants. No pics, sorrry, the ramshorns actually have lost the colour since i havn't fed them bloodworms in months now. I should stary again. I am going to experiament with my pomecea snail next spring once he has a tank to himself when i put the goldfish back in the pond.

Back
Top Bottom