Worms!! Bad?! Good?! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found tiny worms, thin and long. Well to me there long. Like maybe 2 inches. And they appear to have scales or something on them. There not smooth by any means. This thing just slithered into the sand and popped up crawling on top of a coral then bam! In the sand again.

Now I see all kinds of tunnels in the sand bed. I went with a deeper sand bed 4" after reading up on different sand be methods and such I decided to go with a deeper sand bed. Are this worms bad? They kinda look like bristle worms from the google pictures.

image-1076162263.jpg

This is a google pic but thought it may help. It looks like this only grey in color and not as much detail. And it's FAST!

I'll try and get a picture.

Last edited:
Yeah. Everybody kinda freaks out about these when they first see em. Bristleworms are actually good for the tank. No big deal. Try not to touch them cause they can cause an irritation, like touching thistle

Crabs said:
Yeah. Everybody kinda freaks out about these when they first see em. Bristleworms are actually good for the tank. No big deal. Try not to touch them cause they can cause an irritation, like touching thistle

Ok cool! Thanks for the response

Back
Top Bottom