Worried. Please help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loveforplaties

Aquarium Advice Regular
We'll about an hour ago I put different types of platies in a breeders net to get make the perfect pair I wanted. We'll anyways when I did that I left them and came back in about an hour to check on them. When I came back I noticed it looked like three fish were in there and I knew that couldn't be right so I looked closer and I saw that I had trapped a platy in between the glass and breeders net.?? I feel so awful but my question is will she be okay?

Accidents happens.. I would isolated her, if you can, maybe turn up my oxygen level, if you have a air stone you can control.. Make sure the other don't bother her.. Good luck!

If you have something like stress guard / stress coat it might help. Being stuck might have messed with her slime coat.

May want to check water params first.... all other fish acting normal?

With tetras other fish will sometimes pick on the weakened one making them spaz out a bit... no idea if the same is true of platties. If you notice any picking on that one you may want to isolate it for a bit in the breeders net.

Back
Top Bottom