would this stocking work longterm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
Geophagus winemilleri x 2
Geophagus tapajos x 2
Electric blue acara x 2
Rainbow cichlid x 2
Green terror x 2
Jack dempsey x 1
Jewel cichlid x 2
Convict x 4 (all female)

I have all these fish in my 125 gal. Its planted and has tons and tons of driftwood/rocks

Should things be okay?

I see a lot of conflicting personalities. The convicts will probably pair and destroy everything. Adding in the terror and Dempsey just means more stress on the generally peaceful geophagus species. The jewel is an oddball African riverine. The rainbows and acara will be fine with the geos.

*edit: see that they're all females. Females can still pair and act as a mated pair. They're still capable of aggression

Personally, I'd ditch the more aggressive species, add some more geos, and throw in a school or two of dithers. Maybe toss in some catfish like portholes or cories. A festivum would be an interesting cichlids to add to that tank layout

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is a 75g too small for green terrors/jds?
If it is, i will have to rehome :(

Ill move the convicts

I like your festivum idea :)

Could i put my L204 plecos in there? Theyre pretty fiesty

You could put the jd or the green terror into a 75, and then add the convicts with one or the other.

Not necessarily. Possibly though. The issue is two larger fish creating a large bio load

If i had 2 green terrrors with the jd and 4 female convicts in the 75 gal with 2 x AC 110 filters and 100% consistent water changes of 50-70% weekly...

Would they be happy fish?

I have a bunch of extra bushy amazon swords im going to decorate with, also have 20+ rocks/driftwood to play with for now. Its hard to find good deals, but ive been gathering and stockpiling :)

If i had 2 green terrrors with the jd and 4 female convicts in the 75 gal with 2 x AC 110 filters and 100% consistent water changes of 50-70% weekly...

Would they be happy fish?

I have a bunch of extra bushy amazon swords im going to decorate with, also have 20+ rocks/driftwood to play with for now. Its hard to find good deals, but ive been gathering and stockpiling :)

All these in the 75 or the terrors and JD in the 125 and the cons in the 75?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If i kept a single fish (female) of each type of the 3 ladt mentioned, and rehomed the rest of the convict females, and the green terror males... would it make any difference?

Should i move all 3 from the 125?

Would you move any others?

That may work. You would be at max capacity or a little over so water will have to be checked and changed as needed. As far as aggression goes I would say its 50 50 if you will have problems. Depends on the individual personality. Of course there is the chance one my just snap in the future and stress or kill the others. If you are up to doing large weekly water changes and keeping a close eye out for aggression I would say go for it. Others may say I'm wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom