Wow now that's cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
Not in all my days did I think I'd experience cold like this, I moved out here to Colorado because I love the snow , I experienced the cold and grew to love it now I'm used to cold up to a point 4*below zero was the coldest.

well now I can say that was one hot summer day , Last night I discovered something I never would have wanted to experience . It got so cold even the 2 fire places had a hard time keeping things warm , It hit a record low last night 42*below zero.

our kitchen window burst open around 4am glad I had plywood in garage, My circular saw barley wanted to run . I got the window boarded up fast as the cold was unbearable . It was so cold my nose didn't run it just froze nose hairs just broke it was so cold.

Looking out in the yard I see our wild life didn't enjoy that cold either , I see 2 fawn frozen to death on my driveway , this broke my heart as I watched these 2 young deer grow up since birth they were like 8 or 9 months old.

game and wildlife will be coming to get them , don't know how they'll move them as there frozen to the ground ,

so did anyone else get hit with this horrible cold made hot chocolate 5 mins ago and it's ice cold already stay warm ..

My husband grew up in Colorado. What area?

I went to undergrad in Iowa, and they got *really* cold as well. There was a day that we all had exams. Actual temp had to get to -20° F for the exams to new cancelled. Let me tell you, walking to an exam in -19° F weather was miserable!

Sorry about your fawns and window.

temp is rising a whole 10* now that's summer weather , prob going to take a week to get a new window for the kitchen , plywood seems to be a good insulator warmer in there than with the window , old single pane window ,'
I'm in evergreen about 40 miles from Denver in the foot hills

A friend used to go to school at CU Boulder. He used to joke that, when it finally got up to 40 or 50, people would be out sunning themselves in swimsuits.

I've never heard of a window breaking from the cold. That's impressive.

Where in God's name do you live, in Leadville, Fraser or Alamosa? That kind of cold is reserved for these areas of the state and no where else, unless you live in the Dakotas or Minnesota.

B

Where in God's name do you live, in Leadville, Fraser or Alamosa? That kind of cold is reserved for these areas of the state and no where else, unless you live in the Dakotas or Minnesota.

B

up in evergreen were right off the I-70 corridor , this was one of the coldest nights I ever seen in my 14 years here , almost unheard of thought I time traveled to the arctic .
the window in the kitchen is from the early 50's single pane , gives me a good excuse to get a nice insulated window .

Last night I discovered something I never would have wanted to experience . It got so cold even the 2 fire places had a hard time keeping things warm , It hit a record low last night 42*below zero.
Correction:
I misunderstood the weather lady it was 20* below zero with a wind chill it reached 42* below zero but yes it was still cold

Back
Top Bottom