WTB used Surround Sound setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking for a used, or unwanted and cheap new, Home Theatre in a Box type surround sound set up.

Dosn't have to be very powerful, since its going in a small bedroom.

I have speaker cable to spare, so all it has to come with is the bare essentials; The Decoder, Speakers, and remote.

I would prefer if it had two imputs [ Most of them do I think, I've never heard of one that had a single audio imput. ] so I can connect the TV and the DVD player to surround.

Since these things are kinda hefty, Somewhere around the Orlando area would be prefered to shipping.

careful with those though. many of those super low cost "surround sound" systems are NOT 5.1 (and they, IMO, shouldn't be allowed to put it on the box) they just take normal Left-Right stereo input and pump it out to 5 channels and a subwoofer.

Def go name brand and get something with specifically dolby 5.1. Anything else is most likely fake. Personally I spent a bit more on my sony with 5 disc dvd and I love it. They have similiar sonys without DVD's for 150-200 typically (including speakers and reciever). Go for something with optical audio (some cheap ones even have this) as DVD and game sound is unmatched with this setup.

I know, which is why I'm looking for used surround sound instead of the cheapie at wal-mart which is not true 5.1

This isn't going to be a primary system, I already have a 500watt Sony system on my main TV.

This is jsut for a bedroom, dosn't need to be top of the line, dosn't have to have a DVD player.

And the system is $142 on amazon new (floor model) and $145 used in perfect condition. Probably spend the dif on shipping though.

I wasn't looking to spend over 50 bucks, hence why I was looking for used systems, since the 50buck new systems are to big a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom