WTF IS THIS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

checkvalve

Aquarium Advice Regular
All over this plant there are little cream colored balls, snail eggs or fish eggs.....my lemon tetras have been hang'n out alot around thhis plant.

Attachments

• image1_989.jpg
    image1_989.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 45
there are others all over the leaves, like little dots, not like the one pictured

lol ya i've had that happen even IF they're fake plants...if you've brought ANYTHING from another tank, you could bring snails...and that includes when you buy a new fish...theres always a chance that one could be on the net, or could have been on the ground when the lfs employee was chasing the fish into the ground (petsmart people do that a lot..drives me crazy they way they just torture the fish!!! but some of those people are good)

I've had that happen before, but luckily i saw the snail in w/the sand that was in the bag before i put the fish in the tank (i usually just dump the whole baggie full of water in the tank..after i acclimate of course)

also, have you brought in any used driftwood/rocks/gravel? if so, thats prolly your best bet of where it came from

come to think about it, the only thing from the old tank are the fish. it could have got caught in the net during the move. bummer
if there is one that you see, think of how many you dont. my botia stratia will not eat any snails

dont know what the stratia is. (some loach i know,but i dont know the scientific names) but most eat snails...i KNOW clown loaches do, and most others i think.

and you say that its NOT eating snails? hmmm...switch it for a clown loach!! actually your tank might be too small...what size is it? Thats weird tho, i've had about 5 different loaches, including the zebra, and they've all eaten snails...maybe there's not enough for him to find them?

Back
Top Bottom