X-Ray Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aspencer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a school of 13 X-Rays and when researching them, they are said to be hardy, popular in the hobby, and easy to get.

I have very rarely seen them recommended...are there some drawbacks to them?

I don't know of any real drawbacks to them. I have a school of 8 in my 55g right now and I kept them a few years ago in a 45g too. I really like the look of them and haven't come across any aggression issues. They do keep themselves to themselves more so than my Glowlight Tetras who quite happily school with the Neon Tetras, but that's about it, and not sure I'd say that was a drawback to them. All in all I think they're a great fish :)

No drawbacks IMO. Hardy, active, gregarious, and peaceful- what's not to like? I kept a group in my earlier days in the hobby, and they were the longest-lived tetras I have kept. They are really underrated IMO.

Thanks Severum...I just noticed that which people recommended dither or schooling fish, they are never mentioned. I love mine and they are super healthy.

I would say what SM just comment is why they are not talked about/reccomended more often, they are underrated.

I got 8 of the Albino variety a few weeks ago. Awesome little fish and fearless too.

Yesterday while I was vacuuming my gravel they kept swimming up to the tube and trying to eat the gunk that was flowing upwards inside. It was pretty funny. I had to be very careful not to "abduct" any of them. haha. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom