Xenias nuked my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,
I think my xenias just nuked my tank! I got tired of the xenia problem and just started pulling them out of the tank. Now the water is slightly cloudy and all the fish are swimming with their mouths wide open!
GOSH DANG XENIAS!

I am about to do a large water change. I dont have any carbon handy, but have some GFO.

Help!
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
So it seems as if everyone is okay. I did a large water change and the fish are now closing their mouths. They look to be breathing rapidly, but at least they are swimming around with their mouths wide open acting like they just got a massive dose of radiation. The other corals are opened back up and the water is clear.

STAY AWAY FROM XENIAS! Youll eventually need to move them and look what youll get!

At least my clam looks much happier now! He was being smothered by the main xenia colony. Now they are contained over on the "other" side, with the GSP that are gearing for war as well!

Lets hope morning comes with everyone happy again!
Matt

I have pulsating xenias in my tank......way too many. I keep paring them back by using a razor blade and cutting them from the rock and throwing the main part out.

It's never made my water cloudy and it's never caused any harm in the tank. How were you removing them. If you were just trying to pull them out then you probably had the slime and bits of xenia floating all over.

Xenia isn't a problem, unless it grows too much. Just quickly cut them from the rock with a razor blade and remove the whole part from the water immediately.

Back
Top Bottom