YAY! Found a home for 1 CAE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yay! I found a home for one of the Chinese Algae Eaters of the two I got stuck with from the tank I got from my sister in law.

A lady I found on Craigslist, her goldfish just died, and she needs a new fish for her tank! She wants something unique and aggresive is just fine with her. 1 fish is enough for her. PERFECT! It is kinda cool looking so I hope that he suits her needs just fine...

And I am now down to 1 juvinile CAE as of tomorrow... For now - he isn't so bad, just minds his own business and sucks on the bottom of the tank.

I'm going to try to ditch him off too, but at least I'm getting rid of the biggest jerk of a fish I have! :dance:

Yeah - that is exactly it. He hides most of the time in the hole of one of my decorations. Then he sneaks out and pounces on the other CAE (who is only about an inch long right now) and the molly! Then goes back in to his hold. Jerk... I'm so happy. By 2pm Sunday - buh bye!

I can't get any fish shop to take them :(

Now they have scruples? Right?

Won't take a fish back but they'd be happy to sell you one that doesn't suit your tank or that has ich and cause you a ton of stress!

I saw this cute tiny little CAE in the pet store a few days ago, and I just loved how she looked. She was so tiny and cute! I had been thinking about getting some kind of bottom feeder for my tank eventually... so on a spur impulse buy, I took her home.

:hide:

Fortunately for me, I had already signed up for these forums and everyone here was quick to tell me what a HUGE mistake I had made. I was lucky... took her back today and got my money back. (y)

I learned my lesson though. Never listen to the petstore clerk who says, "Oh yeah, its fine! Go ahead and put that Piranha in your 20 gallon tank with your Molly! They'll be BFFs in no time." No more impulse buys for me! I'll be researching every fish purchase I make from now on!

:fish2:

Weirdest thing to me is that I asked my brother how they ended up with two CAEs... He said that they thought the big one died because they hadn't seen it in like a week ... (WHAT??? Where did he die? Seriously... How does a big fish - 3+ inches long die in a 10 gallon tank w/o seeing it. I mean the tank has a hood so he didn't jump out... WHAT???)... So they went out and bought another one. I think they thought it was truly an algae eater - which it really isn't. It is more like a loach.

Before I asked him how they ended up with 2 of them, in my quest to be a *perfectionist* in everything I do (lol), I researched the fish they had. Got a second tank for myself (36 gallon bow) to keep when they come for the return of their 10 gallon... Because I'm diggin' having fish tanks!

But after careful consideration and watching the big CAE attack the little CAE and the Molly fish, I decided that part of fostering - regardless of the type of animal - is to do what is best for the *beings* you're fostering. Best thing - break up the CrAZy!

The little guy is non offensive for now - I'm still going to try to find it the right home too. And when they come back for their tank - probably in 3-6 months - I'll just say SORRY... LOL... Here is your *new* and improved tank back! HA!

Whatever...

Back
Top Bottom