Yellow cloudy fish water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaredShope1

Aquarium Advice Activist
IMG_0005.jpg

You can’t really see it with the photo but my fish tank has a yellow hue and has a cloudy ness to it. I’ve used water clarifier before with great results and now it seems to not be working. I’m thinking the cloudiness could potentially be bacterial bloom since it is a new tank, but why the yellow? Any advice is helpful. I have 2 live plants, and I have used miracle grow organic as my substrate, with a gravel cap. The rest are old plastic plants

Tanin leech from wood or soil?

Have you put a white paper behind the tank to be sure it’s not an optical illusion from the wall color?

Tanin leech from wood or soil?

Have you put a white paper behind the tank to be sure it’s not an optical illusion from the wall color?

The wall I know isn’t an optical illusion because if you look through the tank from the side, the background is my blue curtain. I think tanins is what it might be now that you mention in. There are small pieces of wood in the soil

Tannins will go away with water changes and if you are using activated carbon in your filters.

Your Tank Water

View attachment 314816

You can’t really see it with the photo but my fish tank has a yellow hue and has a cloudy ness to it. I’ve used water clarifier before with great results and now it seems to not be working. I’m thinking the cloudiness could potentially be bacterial bloom since it is a new tank, but why the yellow? Any advice is helpful. I have 2 live plants, and I have used miracle grow organic as my substrate, with a gravel cap. The rest are old plastic plants

Hello Jared...

What's your water change routine? How often do you change your filter material? Larger, more frequent water changes and clean filter material will do wonders to clear up the tank water. By servicing the filter and replacing the media a little more often, you'll keep the filter running at its best.

B

Back
Top Bottom