Yellow Tang and Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I added a yellow tang to my 75 gallon and while he eats lots of algae off rocks he takes not flakes, pellets or other foods. any ideas?

How long has he been in there?

I think he is probably just acclimating to the tank, since he is picking from the rock.

Might try soaking his food in garlic...

Thanks Guys, the yellow tang has only been in the tank for about 1 week. I added him to my 50 gallon to control algae last tuesday, then on this Sat. I moved the whole 50 gallon over to a new 75 gallon, so naturally the tang as well got moved. The reason it raised an eyebrow with me is because I used to have a Yellow tang that had an incredible appetite, eating everything from algae to flakes. Ill give it some more time, I have some SeaChem Garlic Guard I could try but Ill see if he comes around before that.

Think he may be filling up on algae, I have lots of algae on my rocks and he is always grazing.

I concur waiting it out as long as the fish looks healthy. If it has an adequate food source you should be fine. I would suggest keeping some dried seaweed/nori available on a clip just in case.

Back
Top Bottom