Yellow tang dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeoCatsy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tang i think is dying. He is darting around, then he lays on his side. then he darts around. Then he lays down. He is breathing heavy. I was feeding him and my flame angel seaweed every other day. I fear that i might of starved them todeath. I feel so bad. The flame dies a week ago. the tang is acting funny. The tang has been moved to the QT. The clowns and the damsels are acting normal. Which is why i fear i starved them. Am I a bad owner. IF not how much do i feed them and how often.. If and when i get another, Or should i get another.

You know fish in the wild can go two weeks without eating. I`m sure you did not starve your fish. I have fed my fish every other day for 11 yrs now and I have several fish over 8 yrs old some as old as 11 yrs old so I`m sure you did not starve your tang. First thing I would do is post some water test results and then see if you see any salt like sprinkles on him.

SG 1.029
PH 8.2
AMM 0
nitrate 40 been that way for a while even with water changes.
Nitrite .25
temp 78
he has black spots on his forhead . been he just started acting this way today, Im scared he's gonna die

How many fish have you lost since youve been doing this. Ive lost 3 in less than a year. Im starting to get discouraged.

Salinity is deffinatly too high. SLOWLY lower to 1.022-1.025
The Nitrite present in your tank indecates a cycle have you added any LR or stirred the sand bed lately?

Back
Top Bottom