Yellow Tang Turning "Whitish"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddy-o

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a yellow tang that looks like it is losing its color. Mainly toward the bottom half if it's body. Any reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

90 gallon. Fish is about 3yrs old. Blue hippo, another tang of some sort and three clowns. Reef.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I once had a "white" yellow tang shipped to me from my supplier in Hawaii. Paid a good deal for it as it was supposedly collected that way from the ocean. We put it in the section with the rest of our tangs. After about 2 weeks of continuously eating the Tang diet we made special for the store ( high in greens and vitamins) as well as Romaine lettuce, which was the lettuce of choice at that time, the fish turned back to it's beautiful yellow coloring. :facepalm:
So in your case, make sure you have good water quality and highly nutritious foods for your tang. It may be suffering from nutrient/ vitamin deficiency from being in a tank for that long. Also be aware of any bacterial conditions that may be taking over on your fish. Since Tangs don;t really have scales, their skin is more susceptible to skin issues. Maybe a picture of the fish with a close up of the area may help us better diagnose the situation.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom