yellow watchman Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvDiscus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
finally got my yellow watchman goby in my main tank. when i let him go he went straight to where my pistol comes out for food so i'm like COOL! this could not have worked out any better. within about 2 min. the pistol came out of it's hole right towards the watchman. so guess what happened......nope not that, the watchman turned toward the pistol with his mouth opened and chased it back in its hole. it has been about 5 days and still nothing. the pistol moved to the other side of the rock and the watchman hangs out in the same place. is it normal for this to happen at first? i've read of people having the watchman & pistol connect right away.

One thing to remember is that while the watchman/pistol relationship is something that does occur every fish is unique with its personality. Its possible the watchman had an assocation with a differnt pistol and is therefor rejecting the one you have. OR it could be a size differental. The pistol or watchman may be to large for the other to feel safe around it.

I have a pistol and two watchmans. I see neither very frequently but they do seem to hang out on the same side of the tank at least.

well i hope they become friends. i'm sure they both will feel more at home if they do. maybe with time :?

Back
Top Bottom