Yes another thread regarding GBRs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nigoodman

Aquarium Advice Activist
After my stocking is complete im looking to add one or two GBRs. I'm leaning more towards one just because I've never cared for a ram before.
Currently I have the following stock in a 29 gallon:
2 female DGs
3 zebra danios
5 rummy nose tetras
6 bandit corys
And im waiting on one starlight BN pleco from my LFS but that could take some time. I will not add the GBR until the pleco has been in the tank for a few weeks and I make sure I can keep nitrates at a minimum.

Any tips for keeping my trates down for an incoming GBR? Does my tank seem okay for one? Params are 0ppm ammo, 0ppm nitrites, 20-30 nitrates and a ph of 7.5

Between the cory's, a pleco, and the ram I think your bottom is going to be way too crowded. I would pick either the pleco or one ram, but not both.

Between the cory's, a pleco, and the ram I think your bottom is going to be way too crowded. I would pick either the pleco or one ram, but not both.

I was concerned about that. I definitely am set on the pleco so i guess rams are out. Do you or anyone else have suggestions on an eyecatcher (preferably color) single fish that i could put in?

If it were my tank, I would get rid of the danios and up the rummy nose. I always find a good size school of fish to be more interesting than a couple smaller school.

If it were my tank, I would get rid of the danios and up the rummy nose. I always find a good size school of fish to be more interesting than a couple smaller school.

Unfortunately i can't part with my zebras they are one of my favorites. And interestingly enough the tetras and danios school together in the evenings. Im looking for a singular eyecatcher thats a mid to top swimmer. I dont think another school.

A single red honey gourami?

I was thinking that. I just am concerned because my two female DGs bullied my last male DG to death. But they were all introduced at the same time. Do u think id be safe getting one of these guys? Im just in love with their coloring...

image-1160173711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom