Your Hands In The Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to work for a aquarium maintenance company and after bleaching corals and what not we used to do it.. Never had a fish die on us because of it ..... But to each his or her own

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I guess the aloe would actually help with my dry winter hands!! I do have some stress coat sitting around..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was suggesting to the person that created the topic anywats

missing the point

I get the point, it would be an added bonus to lathering up with a declorinator.

I was suggesting to the person that created the topic anywats

Ok, I like learning new tricks too:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lather up with Stress Coat? I'd try that.
Lather up with Prime? Probably not. "Honey, it's not what you think. It's the Prime!"
OP - I hope the fish disaster is an isolated incident.

I just wash my hands with Dawn original dishwashing soap and then rinse really well before feeding or putting my hands in the tank. I figured the Dawn can't be too bad because it is what they use to clean oil soaked birds and other wildlife so hopefully it is not to toxic. Alison:)

Related to the subject, I have a cortisone based cream because I have eczema and I was wondering how long after I can safely play in the aquarium? My eczema is cause by playing too much in the aquarium but I love to do it! And for plants I need to feel what I am doing to know that I am doing it right. I have the big heavy duty gloves but they are hard to work with. And gloves worn too long will still aggravate my eczema. Any solutions? Thanks! And OP, I am sorry for your fish. I stopped using my cortisone cream after two of my shrimps died for inexplicable reasons. But darn it itches and burns!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

personally i dont use soap because i think it can do more damage to fish than the possibility that i have bacteria or microorganisms in my hands...i wash my hands only with water before i put my hands in the tank and then dry them well...besides, microorganisms that exists in my room, i think they are going to be in my tank too, with one way or another, maybe from the air or the pellets that i catch everymorning without cleaning my hands :whistle:of course correct if im wrong and if i have to wash my hands with soap!

personally i dont use soap because i think it can do more damage to fish than the possibility that i have bacteria or microorganisms in my hands...i wash my hands only with water before i put my hands in the tank and then dry them well...besides, microorganisms that exists in my room, i think they are going to be in my tank too, with one way or another, maybe from the air or the pellets that i catch everymorning without cleaning my hands :whistle:of course correct if im wrong and if i have to wash my hands with soap!

I learned the hard way with washing your hands with soap right before tank maintenance. 15/17 of my 3 month old male guppy fry died.

Back
Top Bottom