Zebra Pleco for $45????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donttaptheglass

Aquarium Advice Freak
While scouring google images of Zebra Pleco's for my wife to drool over . . . .we came across this ad Zebra Pleco $45.

This cannot possibly be the same Zebra Pleco advertised here:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1136

Cross breed? Gauranteed to die within 30 days? Common Pleco painted with model paints?

As with most things I find on the internet . . . seems too good to be true.

Feel free to offer your opinions

There are some pretty awesome pleco's at my LFS including one that looks like a Zebra and they called it "queen arbasque" or something. But most of them sell for aroune 30-40 bucks. They have some golden nugets and some green ones too. I want them all so bad i just don't have anywhere to put them! LOL.

I wish out lfs had a better selection of plecos. Would have gotten a gold nugget. Not sure how the compatability would be in a 75G of GN's with Bristle Noses and a Common. A friend will be taking my common if we can ever catch him without uprooting everything, lol.

Considering the fact that these Pleco's are extremely rare, I would have my doubts. The pic is authentic but since it's not marked with a copyright, that makes me doubt it even more.

I had a buddie just order 4 from that very same site and they hve told him there was a 6 month waitting period for those!!!!!!!!! He asked for a refund because it didn't say that on the ordering of them. They told him this would take up to 12 to 16 weeks to get a refund. BUYERS BEWARE of that site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the warning Weasel, although I'm a little too suspicious natured to probably have even tried to order from that site anyway. I tend to agree with JChillin's assessment of the situation. I just have to decide how much I want my wife to like me as to whether or not I fork over the $250.

I've found them for $150.00 with shipping. I had a ladie who's husband has left her for another man and he owned a hatchery in San diago. She just give me 2 ebra's and has 4 more to sell for $150.00 no shipping. I can get intouch with her if your turly looking.

They are a beautiful pleco though. Although 250 is too steep for me for a pleco. Wolf I have a gold nugget and they do not get along with other plecos at all IMO. At least mine doesn't. Darn little bugger though, I never see him except for water changes.

My missus has just bought me a Clown Plec for $60 that was cost for the shop.... so it would have been about 120 in the window. Great size too, it's about 4 1/2 inches long. great pattern. i would have a pic but my digital camera was was ripped from my car a couple of weeks ago. untill i get a new 1, there wont be any pics from me....:(

Thats $150.00 for a pair. Sorry sould have sayed that huh? LOL I spend $85.00 for a Scarlet pleco { L25 } He's ruffly 12'' to 14" now and around 1 yr old now. He was the best cleaner I had til the Ladie give me these zebra's. There young but man they never stop cleaning. I thank the reason there so costly is you can't import them to the U.S. no more.

Back
Top Bottom