Zer0's 25G Rimless Cube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
D: I'm trying my hardest! I have all the wood cut out and ready to be assembled, but that has to be done during this weekend, so the next pics/updates won't be until then. :( Unless of course i get some stuffs in the mail. Which should be this week.. if it ever gets here.. -_- Sorry for the lack of updates guys.. :( Schools keepin me busy lately.

EDIT*

So i just purchased a 1" glass-holes overflow kit, and a 1/2" return kit. Comes with holesaw, flared nozzle for the return, heck.. it comes with everything i need except for the PVC piping. But that i'll be getting at home depot since my friend works there and he can get me discounts. So i'll be taking pics when i receive these items, and while i'm cutting the holes in my tank.

Lol, yeah, i'm pretty nervous about cutting holes in my tank but i checked with marinedepot first and they said the glass on the tank isn't tempered. I didn't ask about the bottom, but it doesn't matter because i'm not going with a corner overflow. Just going to use the small overflow box that the overflow kit comes with. I've incorporated it in to my aquascaping. :D

Thanks to everyone tagging along! I should have more pics up very soon! Very very soon in fact! ;)

Thanks for the thread cmor!

And yeah.. i guess i lucked out on having to pay full price at HD.. :p

Hahaha! I knew that's where you were going with this! I'll see what kind of plan i can formulate.. :D

Bad news guys. :(

In order for my dad to keep his job, he might have to move to wherever they station him. Which means the whole family will be moving too. So that means i can't setup the tank. :( Right now we're pretty much on standby about the moving, so if anything it will be another month or two before i can start this. Which really.. really sucks.

But in the meantime, i will be getting everything ready for when the day comes that i am actually able to set it up. So i'll still be updating this thread with pictures of my aquascaping, the building of the sump and the stand, and drilling the aquarium. And anything else i feel important to put up here. Shed a tear for my cube that won't be seeing water anytime soon.

:'(

Awww man :cry: Really sorry about tht. I know all the hardships you've been through in ur effort to start a sw tank but I just know you'll pull through. Just takes patience. I remember how awful I felt when my parents wouldn't let me start a sw tank. In the meantime, I will be glad to see any updates you may have.

Thanks Mitch. This hobby's been rough on me so far.. and now when i finally wait patiently, and look forward to building this tank AS SOON as school is done, i find out that i can't, because we might have to move.. Un-freakin-believable. I don't even want to move. I like it here. :cry:

Thanks Wayne. I'll try and keep my head up for now, and i will definitely update this thread as much as i can. However, i'm still pretty excited because i'll be making my sump this week. :) Lots of pics! ;D

Well i want to do bigger, but the stands footprint is 21" x 21" so as i'm sure you know, the only tank that is 20" long would be a standard 10G AGA tank. I mean.. maybe i could get away with something like a 15G cube, but i don't want to go through the trouble of looking for one, or even paying for one since i have a 10G on hand. Plus, all my plans for the sump have already been mapped out, and it's going to look real nice. I know 10G is small, but i only plan to have heaters and the return pump in the return section, since my tank is small enough to not need a skimmer. The return section will be about 7-8 inches of the tank, and the rest of the length of the tank will be dedicated to the refugium, which is the part i'm most excited about. Refugiums are freakin sweet. After a couple months of grow in with different types of algae and macro, they look amazing.

Back
Top Bottom