Zoas help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I traded this guy some zoas and they where fine in my tank but for some reason they wont open in his. What could be the problem? I think he has t5s and so do I. My sp is 1.025 and he said his was 1.026 or 1.027. could the change is sp do that? And will they get use to the water and open back up?

I think his fish are, 2 clowns , 2 4stripe damels, yellow tail damels, purple dotty, and a coral beauty angel. I know the coral beauty may nip at some things he does have button polyps in there too. As far as I know those arnt closed.

I know that my dwarf angel LOVED to eat my zoas. Probably why they're not opening.

It can take a week or two before corals get used to new tanks. How long has he had them? He may have T5's but he probably has a different combo, brand or life of them, all which could vary the light levels enough to stress them. Not to mention how he acclimated, or what other levels he may have in his tank (Ca,Mg,pH,etc)

I would give them time, and see what happens. If they are shriveling down, or stuff is coming off of them, then you should be alarmed.
GL.

Ok thanks he sent a pic they look normal just closed. He has had them in there for about 3 to 4 dayd

Back
Top Bottom