Aggressive Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I was looking at some cichlids today and was wondering what is some of the most aggressive cichlids you guys/gals have or experience with? My most aggressive cichlids I have experience with is a Red Devil Cichlid aka Amphilophus labiatus.

I have had oscars, jack dempseys, jewel fish, blue Acarus, parrot fish and a yellow electric. But one of the meanest surprised me was Pike cichlids. It killed a bunch of my cichlids, and would bully and attack larger fish, head on, mouth open. I don't know if Tilapia are a form of cichlids or not, but they are mean as well and that surprised me.

RAH said:
Well I was looking at some cichlids today and was wondering what is some of the most aggressive cichlids you guys/gals have or experience with? My most aggressive cichlids I have experience with is a Red Devil Cichlid aka Amphilophus labiatus.

The most aggressive fish I personally owned is a fake green terror (gold saum). He was a chaser and would never rest until all the other fish were in their corners.

However, I do have a lenticulata pike which is shaping up to be a real monster. The jury is still out on this one.

San Raphael Catfish said:
I have had oscars, jack dempseys, jewel fish, blue Acarus, parrot fish and a yellow electric. But one of the meanest surprised me was Pike cichlids. It killed a bunch of my cichlids, and would bully and attack larger fish, head on, mouth open. I don't know if Tilapia are a form of cichlids or not, but they are mean as well and that surprised me.

What type of pike?

Back
Top Bottom