Angel Fish Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amatharu147

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I got a questions about angel fish. I bought 4 baby angle fish about a year ago. they were about the size of nickles. then a month later one died. No big loss. They are now about 2.5" to 3" . One is complete whiote , and two are Marble color. I noticed that the white one and one mable one pic on the other marble one. To the point there its find are ripped. They are all the same size. any suggestion? Should i be worried?

They maybe pairing off. Pay close attention. You very well may have to remove the loner. The other two will do their best to kill it if they decide to mate.

Your story sounds so much like mine. I started with 4 (they were the 3 musketeer's then), one of them passed on and eventually two of them ganged up on one. They had decided they had something in common and began spawning and really going after the lone angel to the point I had to remove him or they would have done some serious damage to her.

I had a simpler problem, two angels killed the third one. now the remaining tow want nothing to do with each other and sit on opposite sides of the tank!!!!!

I had a simpler problem, two angels killed the third one. now the remaining tow want nothing to do with each other and sit on opposite sides of the tank!!!!!

Its strange, when they swim, they swin as a group as the white is the leader...then split up and gang up on the other one...then things are back to normal.

amatharu147 said:
JChillin- did they end up spawning?

Yes they did...I haven't had a successful hatch out as yet but they seem to like spawning on everything that cannot handle it. Intake tube, leaves of a jungle val...they ignore amazon sword leaves (their natural spawning choice) or slanted flat rocks.

Back
Top Bottom