anyone keep texas cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome. I have a pair that's still pretty small maybe 2-3 inches but growing fast. I enjoyed Oscars for personality but I like Texans even better. The spawned once but I think my male is still too young. Do you have any pictures?

I'm not sure if it's a true Texas or a green Texas, I thinki it's a green but I don't know.

img0381ce.jpg

I would agree it is a green Texas. Some of the spots look big and irregular. True Texas should be smaller and more uniform. I'm no expert so I may be wrong but it is a nice fish.

It was a rescue so I gladly took him, the previous owner was a young girl who never took care of him. He has a good home now.

What size tank? Tank mates? How often and how much w water changes? I believe they like prestine water.

The Texas I posted on page one is blind as a bat. He can barley see, runs into everything has trouble seeing food it's sad. He is in a 75G with a pleco, a convict, and a giant danio everyone gets along just fine, partly because even if he wanted to be aggressive he couldn't because he is so blind. I change the water atleast once a week twice if I can. usually around 50% or so. The tank get's really dirty fast because of the pleco.

Back
Top Bottom