Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved to Cichlid Discussion. The Announcements forum is not for questions.

You already have a cichlid in there (angel). What cichlids were you thinking? Also, tank size is a huge factor in what fish you can keep, cichlid or not.

What types of cichlids. You could do some smaller calm central or south American. What size tank do you have. African cichlids are not able because of the higher ph range that Angels can't handle too well.

Malawi Freak said:
What types of cichlids. You could do some smaller calm central or south American. What size tank do you have. African cichlids are not able because of the higher ph range that Angels can't handle too well.

I have a 29 gallon tank. No cichlids in there as of yet just want to get some

mfdrookie516 said:
Moved to Cichlid Discussion. The Announcements forum is not for questions.

You already have a cichlid in there (angel). What cichlids were you thinking? Also, tank size is a huge factor in what fish you can keep, cichlid or not.

I have a 29 gallon. I have no cichlids as of yet. Any suggestions on what kind I could get?

A 29 will be too small for a large pleco unfortunately. With an Angel in there (which is a cichlid) and the pleco I wouldn't recommend adding any other cichlids. Y

HN1 said:
A 29 will be too small for a large pleco unfortunately. With an Angel in there (which is a cichlid) and the pleco I wouldn't recommend adding any other cichlids. Y

The pleco was small when I got it now it's big. So all I should have in there is the pleco and angel??

Unfortunately, you probably have a common or gibbiceps pleco both of which get HUGE (2 feet) so I would recommend rehoming it before it totally outgrows the tank. Great job on keeping it healthy and growing. Then you would have many options for fish that could be added with the angel. There are plecos that would work in your tank and stay around 4" as well.

You can add a couple small fish nothing that gets too large. Just make sure you have the filtration and keep it maintained. If you have any questions just ask me please

Back
Top Bottom