Cichlids alone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes and no imo. They can do just fine alone, but I would consider them an aggressive community fish to be honest. I feel like the constant bickering and dominance disputes keep them "on their toes" giving them something to do all day and keep them more active. (and that looks to be a Female peacock or young Male peacock if you weren't sure.)

I'm keeping one in a tank by itself just wondering if they get depressed or sick with no interaction.

No one could really say whether or not they are depressed, but if you ask me they've evolved to live in a densely populated lake so being alone seems like it would be quite depressing to me. I could be totally wrong though, its totally opinionated.

Yea I feel bad keeping "it" alone. I have another tank with 6 other fish in it and there are some aggressive ones in it. I took the peacock out cause he was getting beat up in the big tank.

Well ya in that case he's much better off alone then lol. I think he's happier alone then with a bunch of bullies haha. I would try and do something though like trading him in or try and grow him up some more and re introduce him back to the original tank later down the road.

Yea he seems happy now, I want to do somthing with him Thinking about building a limestone structure in the tank and adding 2-3 more.

i agree with you adding more fish to stay with him

yeah.... If he has an extra calm personality, you could add some rams? They are generally fairly peaceful. Somebody will chime in if I am wrong though... Hehe

Back
Top Bottom