Cichlids for a 55 community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for ideas for a cichlid pair that will be okay with black neon tetras, cardinal tetras and harlequin rasboras as well as two bristlenose plecos. I'm no longer interested in German blue rams. I've considered Bolivian rams but I'm on the ledge with those. I like the look of red Severums and green terrors but I only have a 55 and I don't want to stunt them. Please suggest what you would recommend based on experience.

I'm looking for ideas for a cichlid pair that will be okay with black neon tetras, cardinal tetras and harlequin rasboras as well as two bristlenose plecos. I'm no longer interested in German blue rams. I've considered Bolivian rams but I'm on the ledge with those. I like the look of red Severums and green terrors but I only have a 55 and I don't want to stunt them. Please suggest what you would recommend based on experience.

Gold rams, African butterfly cichlid(a. thomasi though I found them a little feisty to my liking, but it was when I put something in their territory, not sure how it would be adding to an established tank) you would want to watch out for nipping. APISTOGRAMMAS! They are dwarfs and really beautiful. Like super awesome looking fish. Kribs I think would be okay also and they also have awesome coloring... I'm naming all dwarfs because I dunno what 'full sized' cichlid would work in a 55.... I always wanted a geophagus, they are peaceful in communities and stay toward the bottom but they get to big for a 55...

Back
Top Bottom