Dwarf cichlid ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Theyre all fairly easy to keep, Bolivian rams are probably the cheapest and easiest IMO, but I love my Apistos and dicrossus. But I've never dealt with kribs

My LFS said they could order them. I am going to get some this summer most likely. Would they be ok w my current stock? Cories, angelfish, syno cat, Plecostamus, & tetra.

Bbush said:
My LFS said they could order them. I am going to get some this summer most likely. Would they be ok w my current stock? Cories, angelfish, syno cat, Plecostamus, & tetra.

Yep. It would work with your sock. I recommend apistos the best because they seem to be the hardiest IME. Never dealt with kribs either, but heard they can be a huge pain.

Kribensis tend to be a bit more aggressive than other dwarfs, plus you have a SA tank, so I doubt you wanna through a west African in there. If you do go with rams, do Bolivians, much hardier and calmer than GBRs. I just brought home an adult male GBR and he is being just plain awful to everyone, and is terrorizing my poor Bolivians! I would recommend cacatuoides or agassizi for the apistogramma, altough Apistos are much less common than rams

Also: what kind of tetras are they? And what tank size?

56 gallon column. The only tetra I have is a white skirt and he is currently in the hospital w pop eye.

Back
Top Bottom