Gbrs have laid eggs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callylynn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just looked over and noticed my GBRs have laid eggs on a rock and they are both fanning over them!!!! I wondered why they were being so mean to my platys today. They were telling them to stay in the other side of the tank. And trust me they are. Lol

Attachments

• image-597104517.jpg
    image-597104517.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 121
See, the deer start this whole thing. The next thing you know, my dog is going crazy and now all the fish are, too. Guess it's just that time of year. Congrats on your eggss!!

Don't be disappointed if they are gone in a few days. Takes them a couple spawns to realize their children are not food lol

I'm assuming none of them will survive anyways since I'm currently treating for ich. I have gone the salt and temp route so I guess that is better than meds in the water. Guess we will see what happens! So far they are staying right by the eggs and they are both fanning over them. So cool to watch!

They are taking turns standing guard. So cool to watch them switch back and forth. How long until the eggs will hatch? I've seen some say 40 hours and some say 4 days

Just looked over and noticed my GBRs have laid eggs on a rock and they are both fanning over them!!!! I wondered why they were being so mean to my platys today. They were telling them to stay in the other side of the tank. And trust me they are. Lol

Hope they make it! Really jealous, ive had my pair for 3 months and no breeding, a couple mating dances but no eggs that i can see, good luck

They are taking turns standing guard. So cool to watch them switch back and forth. How long until the eggs will hatch? I've seen some say 40 hours and some say 4 days

Most likely even if you have fry they wont make it past a Couple weeks with treatment in the water.

Hope they make it! Really jealous, ive had my pair for 3 months and no breeding, a couple mating dances but no eggs that i can see, good luck

Thank you. I wasn't sure if mine had paired up at all until today. Lol I have only had them for two weeks, so this is a complete surprise! I've been doing daily water changes because of the ich so maybe that helped in some way. I hope you have baby eggs in the future!

The ich spots which were almost gone yesterday and way worse today. Could it be the stress of becoming parents?? Should I move the snail and platys?

Just went home on my lunch break and more than half of the eggs are gone. I think they may be in the process of moving them because the male was hanging out behind a piece of driftwood. I hope they weren't eaten! I had to move the snail off their rock before I left for work.

Just went home on my lunch break and more than half of the eggs are gone. I think they may be in the process of moving them because the male was hanging out behind a piece of driftwood. I hope they weren't eaten! I had to move the snail off their rock before I left for work.

Yeah they wouldn't move them they were most likely eaten ? I would concern yourself more with saving your rams from Ich than worry about the eggs, they will spawn again so no worries

I'm doing daily water changes and salt with high temps. Trust me I am definitely concerned with the ich. I've read several articles about them moving the eggs around, so I think it is possible.

I have no idea. I asked my local pet shop if they could order them. I'm not sure who they order from. So far they are doing great! Hopefully they stay that way. My girls and I just love them :)

Back
Top Bottom