Hi - New to Cichlids - help with tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice tank. Just make sure that you have enough space and things to be able to have their own territory, you won't be able to do that really but having hiding spots per amount you have helps. You look all set though, just depends what you'd like..could do a few rams or smaller africans, up to you.

There's a ton of central and west african dwarf pairs your could do in there. They are all for the most part cave spawners/ bottom dwellers and would prob appreciate more cover @ the bottom though.

Any at petsmart

Unfortunately probably not save your common kribensis (pelvicachromis pulcher). They are an awesome group of fish and extremely underrated. Low popularity means usually the more soecialized shops stock them. Check out aquabid.com.

Like I said central and west african dwarfs get a pair of kribensis from your LFS you won't be disappointed.

I would if I was you Africans are awesome they are normally very active and there are tons of different colors to choose from, I would suggest 4-6 in you size of tank unless you wanted to upgrade like a Said befor

Dude no offense but based on your other posts your not ready for Africans. I believe you have a 30 gal correct? Of so get yourself a pair of convicts they breed like crazy, mean at soawning, nice to look at, extremely hardy, and around $4 a pop.

Back
Top Bottom