Hi - New to Cichlids - help with tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convicts are extremely harder but I would be careful they get very very nasty... I had 2 and one killed the other one. We have a convict/JD tank with some CAE's and a pleco at the firehouse and that's one mean tank. Already had 4 convicts killed. They breed so fast and often that the tank is always stocked.

I will add a word of advice. They breed, like CRAZY and most LFS will not take them. So just be prepared when you have a ton of convicts in a 30 gallon with no other place to put the little ones.

It's gonna get nasty in there.

Convicts are extremely harder but I would be careful they get very very nasty... I had 2 and one killed the other one. We have a convict/JD tank with some CAE's and a pleco at the firehouse and that's one mean tank. Already had 4 convicts killed. They breed so fast and often that the tank is always stocked.

I will add a word of advice. They breed, like CRAZY and most LFS will not take them. So just be prepared when you have a ton of convicts in a 30 gallon with no other place to put the little ones.

It's gonna get nasty in there.

Yes most LFS sell them for like $2.99 no way to make money but you can use the fry as feeders. I know this is going to irk someone but whatever.

Yes most LFS sell them for like $2.99 no way to make money but you can use the fry as feeders. I know this is going to irk someone but whatever.

My Africans breed a lot to I never get the fry just use them as.food also

My Africans breed a lot to I never get the fry just use them as.food also

Yeah if you don't know what to do with the fry just let nature take its course is how I look at it. It's not like you can spay or neuter fish lol.

Yeah if you don't know what to do with the fry just let nature take its course is how I look at it. It's not like you can spay or neuter fish lol.

Yup, they're eaten in the wild. It'd almost be like feeling sorry to feed them brine shrimp or bloodworms since they were living too.

Back
Top Bottom