Homemade Fish Food for African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Start a wax worm farm really easy to do and they are real healthy for fish In General

How can u make a habitat 4 them? I've heard lots about worm cultures and stuff like that... I'm just wondering cuz. I wanted to start something too.

U need something like a storage tote lots of corn mill and dryer lint...fill the tote with the corn mill add the worms and put the dryer lint on top of the worms cut a few small holes in the lid of the tote and place it on top of the tote u will no if they are breeding becuz u will find some really small Beatles if there are Beatles than it's a success the Beatles are wax worm larva

Malawi Freak said:
That would be too much protein for them and will lead to bloat.

If you only fed once every week would that still lead to bloat? Feeding a reg daily diet of pellets or flakes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wax worms are larvae, the Beatles are the adult form. Plus, wax worms re very high in fat, which would cause liver failure over n extended period of time. They're horrible to feed lizards for that particular reason, fish are no different, especially an omnivorous species, which most cichlids are...

Last edited by a moderator:
LogansMomma said:
If u only fed once every week would that still lead to bloat? Feeding a reg daily diet of pellets or flakes?

As just stated, they aren't healthy as a part of a consistent diet. Even if just weekly.

Also, maintaining a culture like this for only a weekly treat would be overrun in a couple months.

Does anyone know how to make like a liquid food without needing to use live. Food

No I don't know how. Hope someone else chips in here. I was actually asking the other guy.... I forgot to quote him. Sry :)

Back
Top Bottom