Is a 30 gallon too small for cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtwin64

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 gallon tank and I want to have variety of color in the tank. I want to stock cichlids, my tanks is the largest I can place upstairs or else I risk of ruining the structure of the house. Is their Any way of placing a larger tank upstairs? And what cichlids can I house in a 30 gallon?

You could do dwarf cichlids and GBRs. Bolivian ram also maybe even egyptian mouth brooders. Some even apistos.

To be honest you could probably put something bigger upstairs, I had the same issue with mine but when I called my contractor he laughed at me for asking. If the weight of fish tanks was such a big issue, a lot less people would keep them. But anyways if you start keeping cichlids when they are still small you could probably keep them for a year or 2 without having to worry about moving them to a bigger tank. If you are really maxing out at a 30 gallon aquarium you could probably get away with keeping a few.

Back
Top Bottom