Jewel cichlids and dwarfs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that large of a tank, yes. Assuming adequate decor and territories of course. Oh, and pics are required. A huge dwarf tank is a daydream of mine. ;)

Umm deff not, do you know how big jewels can get???? Not to mention territorial?? Apistos will get pounded the rams it depends even if you start out with young jewels it's a ticking time bomb. I've raised apistos for years I'd never ever put jewels with them. Try kribs or rainbow cichlids or blue acaras with the jewels. Or the apistos with rams, key hole cichlids,curviceps,angels,discus, golden eye dwarfs,etc. I'm just being general but if you need me to go into detail let me know I'm trying to keep you from making a bad decision. Hope this helps some.

I think you're someone I have been really wanting to find! Do you mind if I run a couple of things pass you?

Please stay on the topic of this thread title. You can take the conversation to the chat room or PM or start a new thread for your specific questions. Thanks.

Chenay83 said:
Is it possible to keep and breed discus in water with a ph of 6 and 5dH?

I've seen it done so yes it's possible. Most discus now days are raised in neutral to hard water so it's a bit easier to breed them. No different than jewel cichlids of today I can remember back when they needed somewhat softer water back in the day to breed but not anymore it's very easy to do now.

I had a Jewel, It harressed my Blue Acara big time, then it started in the silver dollars, then the firemouth, then the convict.
I would not recommend keeping a Jewel with anything but a Jewel.

Thread has run it's course and has lost focus on the topic. See sig for my opinion of opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom