Just purchased my first cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathclawRowe1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my fist cichlids. I have 1 African krebensis and 1 African blue cichlid and 1 African yellow cichlid. I need a list of tankmates and any tips on care?
30 gallon aquarium
Planted
Aqua clear 30

I just got my fist cichlids. I have 1 African krebensis and 1 African blue cichlid and 1 African yellow cichlid. I need a list of tankmates and any tips on care?
30 gallon aquarium
Planted
Aqua clear 30

Nice! Post pictures, cuz there are a lot of blue and a lot of yellow cichlids! And small tip: usually, plants don't do well with africans. It has been done before successfully, but many times the africans will just rip the plants up and out of the ground! I'm just warning you because it is a common thing.

Nice! Post pictures, cuz there are a lot of blue and a lot of yellow cichlids! And small tip: usually, plants don't do well with africans. It has been done before successfully, but many times the africans will just rip the plants up and out of the ground! I'm just warning you because it is a common thing.

They don't due well with the fish from the rift lakes true, but the cichlids from west Africa are very at home in planted tanks.

Just hooked up some pics, can you keep opal one gouramies with cichlids? I've seen people keep large gourmies with cichlids before. And the one that looks plain and striped is my krebensis he is scared still haha

Attachments

• image-3605327753.jpg
    image-3605327753.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1836537711.jpg
    image-1836537711.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 77
  • image-956769392.jpg
    image-956769392.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom