Looking to revamp my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
garfy said:
African cichlids love pellets.It is like a free for all in the top of the tank.Be careful not to overfeed I would suggest maybe 30 secs letting them eat as many pellets as they can.Algae wafers are good too.I've never fed mine flake only my fry get finely powdered flake.Start with feeding them once a day but as they get older and bigger every other day will be fine.If you will let them they will eat all day long as they are very greedy fish but this will make them fat and could kill them in the long run.

Thanks! I have A LOT of pellet food from my convicts which I do miss already :(

But I know they have a good home. I'm gonna feed them in a little while. I really hope to get this 75g bow front. I emailed the guy from Craigslist but he wants to sell the light with it. It's like a 269.00 light that sits atop the tank he said he never used a glass canopy so he doesn't have one.

I found one online. I just don't want the big light he has. Just the tank/stand.

Thanks brother! I didn't feed yet he told me to wait a day so gonna feed them later.

He gave me flakes, I still have pellets left. What's the best food to use? I wanna make sure I do everything right or at least try my hardest. How much to feed?

I feed my guys nothing but NLS cichlid pellets or blanched romaine lettuce once a day since they're juvies. when they're fully grown I'll switch it up to every other day.

What garfy said is what i was referring to when i asked abotu you feeding them. it truly is a frenzy lol

Referring back to ph, I read in a book on Africans that adding drift wood is a natural way to keep ur ph in spec.

ljssgg said:
Referring back to ph, I read in a book on Africans that adding drift wood is a natural way to keep ur ph in spec.

Good to know. I have many pieces of driftwood and some rocks that are suppose to buffer it.

I wouldn't worry about your ph.If you try to change it you may find yourself in trouble before you know it! Just let it stay stable without any outside influence.messing with your ph is only asking for trouble.With your tap water as it is you know it will be stable.

Back
Top Bottom