Male and female JD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, my guys are still small and in my planted tank for now. I will eventually move them to breeding tank or tanks if I get my wish

I'm saving for a 125 gallon little by little it get really expensive

I really wanted a 125 or 150 but this isn't our last house. Plus there really isn't a good place for it either.

I'm in the military so I really don't no when or where I'm gonna move. I'm just winging it and ill figure it out when it happens

The dempsey I thought was a female is either gotten super overweight compared to the other one over the past few days or is carrying eggs can't get a good picture though :-(

Just read through the posts great looking fish both of you , I got a pair of baby electric blues ill try to get some pics for you guys, I have java fern and floating plants I can't recall the name of I got two kinds and I watch them eat at it all the time

The presumed female is getting pretty big in the stomach area and they are both becoming more aggressive. They are also digging a pretty big hole in the corner of my tank underneath a log is this normal behavior for breeding?

The presumed female is getting pretty big in the stomach area and they are both becoming more aggressive. They are also digging a pretty big hole in the corner of my tank underneath a log is this normal behavior for breeding?

Yup.....sounds like they could be courting right now. Also when breeding their colors will be bright and vibrant. Truly a thing to see.

Hopefully, I have a pleco too and I've heard horror stories about plecos eating a whole batch of eggs do you no if there is any truth to that?

Nice jacks all hey sense ur all sharing I'm thinking male what u all think

Attachments

• image-3164646453.jpg
    image-3164646453.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 69
I really didn't care wich it was I wanted a jack and this one came along and is putting up with my convicts just fine in the 55 till hopefully next weekend when I fire up the 4 foot 120 I'm getting Saturday can't wait

I really didn't care wich it was I wanted a jack and this one came along and is putting up with my convicts just fine in the 55 till hopefully next weekend when I fire up the 4 foot 120 I'm getting Saturday can't wait

Post pics when your done man

Back
Top Bottom