Male and female JD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ill steal my wife's phone and take pics later she thinks obsessed lol

Yea it is if she only knew how many tank some people had on this forum lol

Leaning towards female now. Keep shooting pics. The closer the better.

image-4064679073.jpg

That's as close as I'm gonna get man hopefully she's a female or I have a problem she looks like she's gonna burst. I noticed something white coming out towards her anus but it was as she was relieving herself so I know it's not the hole it's coming from I hope that makes sense. And you can see her huge stomach from the angle I took the picture.

Yea it is if she only knew how many tank some people had on this forum lol

My wife has given me the dirty look over every tank I've set up and I always have to buy her a new purse with each addition, so now I'm up to 10 tanks and most women would kill for her purse collection. Lol

That's as close as I'm gonna get man hopefully she's a female or I have a problem she looks like she's gonna burst. I noticed something white coming out towards her anus but it was as she was relieving herself so I know it's not the hole it's coming from I hope that makes sense. And you can see her huge stomach from the angle I took the picture.

Congrats my friend, its a girl. Now, not to freak you out but keep a close eye on her. White stuff from the anus could be a case of internal parasites although her stomach would prob be sunk in instead of swollen. I hope you are on the brink of some fish hanky panky! Good luck. I think I'm as excited about it as you are! Lol

Hopefully man would the fry be fine being in the 55 gallon til they get big enough to sell?

Don't be surprised if it takes them a few try's to get the parenting thing right. They may eat the eggs or fry so if you want to keep the fry if/when they hatch you may want to set up a little 10 gallon with a sponge filter and heater and remove the fry.

I have a 10 gallon it just has a electric blue lobster in it I'm debating on selling him

How many do you think would survive if I just left them in the 55 and the parents didn't eat the fry?

My sands black and white so it's pretty hard will they ever actually lay eggs in sand because they are guarding an area behind my driftwood

I didn't even think about on the backside of the driftwood maybe I can't see back there bit ill try to look from the top of the tank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom