my cichlid tank!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I def say 1 rainbow ;) they're cool you'll be happy with one

I am pretty sure that HUKIT already answered your questions about sharks and cichlids, this would be the 3rd or 4th thread the you have been asking the same questions in.

My guess is that you are stocking African cichlids. If so, IMO add more rock and increase your stock to 3 species with 5-7 fish with a 1 male to 4-6 female ratio, add a small school of african catfish and ditch the pleco.

If you really want sharks get a bigger tank and have a nice little school, seems like you may be trying to mash to much into one tank, there's a reason most of us have MTS because were always finding new fish we like.

ohhhhh ok whats mts???? i had other african cicchlids with this ones but they seem to died on my n the mbuna dont even pay attention to them, at some point i had a betta there put i had to pull him out cuz he was killin the cichlids

ohhh at some point in time i had 5 tanks unnin i had a 29 regular gallon for community, 29 tall was my cichlid, my 75 now cichlid used to be my reef tank, a 55 was a comunity but i had almost all kinds of fish there mixed and a 40 breeder which i had my mating betas and my mating gouramys

i got rid on my 29 community cuz my sister liked it so i gae it to her, m5 55 galon i sond it and got 600 for the tanks and 200 for everything else , my breeder some how they stop breeding and they died except the male betta which i have in a bowl now (he was the cichlid killer) n the tank cracked on the side so it had to go, and the reef dyed due to ilness and i transfered the cichlids to my 75 gal

i got rid on my 29 community cuz my sister liked it so i gae it to her, m5 55 galon i sond it and got 600 for the tanks and 200 for everything else , my breeder some how they stop breeding and they died except the male betta which i have in a bowl now (he was the cichlid killer) n the tank cracked on the side so it had to go, and the reef dyed due to ilness and i transfered the cichlids to my 75 gal

0_o ?! Not to sound mean but is English your second language because i can hardly understand your posts.

i had no like like 12+ cichlids and they all died except the zebra one and when i was gonna catch him and take him to the lfs so i could start my comunity i foun the 4 babies

well yes but not really im hispanic but born n raised in miami, n i know i missed pelled alot of things bcuz im doing this quick bcuz im at work

so i've decided that im getting the rainbow shark and will see what else i like there at the lfs i will keep you guys posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think research pays off in the long run. I never just go to the LFS and see what I like. Sometimes I do see something I like while I'm there and then go home and see if and how compatible it is with my current stock.

I think research pays off in the long run. I never just go to the LFS and see what I like. Sometimes I do see something I like while I'm there and then go home and see if and how compatible it is with my current stock.
+1 it's never good to go on an inpulse and buy something. go home and research it first it'll still be there when you get back.

+1 it's never good to go on an inpulse and buy something. go home and research it first it'll still be there when you get back.

Please do not just go to the LFS and get whatever looks good research you fish and make sure that they are in the proper stocking ratios.

i added alot of bulbs for plants too, the guy from the lfs said that the rainbow shark its a hit and miss wit the cichlids and the catfish he said he never had problem wit the mbunas ill post some pics as soon as i get them on my computer

Back
Top Bottom