my cichlid tank!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
its a 75 gallon with 3 lights i reducer stock-lamp and a lamp with 2 t5 ho lightbuls what do you guys think??? i got i huge plecos 5 cichlids 1 its an adult 6 inches and the other 4 are about an inch long :D:D:D what do u guys think?????

No it's nice and simple I had a problem with over decorating at first now my tanks are simple and clean your looks really good it would be great with a couple more plants

Lol....no, it isn't ugly. My cichlids DESTROY everything I've ever tried to put in their tank. There's only so much that can be done IMO. Our tanks look very similar. A cichlid tank isn't something that's going to be elaborately aquascaped but to answer your question I like it. Will be very functional, but still have enough going on to complement the beauty of the fish.

thx, well this used to be my reef tank that passed in early 2010 and since that happened i changed the water and cleanded it really good a few times before puttin my cichlids there but a few months ago may i think they all died besides one cichlid and when i was abput to get rid of the one to turn it into a community one i found 4 babies so im re doing it again and i just added this plants to see if they make it through the weekend and if they do ill be adin alot more and im planning on adding one rainbow shark or red tail shar tomorrow and someof the african catfish or however they are called

Watch put for the sharks they need a monster tank IMO and if they don't get it they will terrorize those cichlids my redtail was the boss in my cichlid tank he would cram all 5 into a dinosaur skull decoration it wad funny but sad I had to give the shark away I loved him but it was for the sake of my other fish

I do t have experience with them i think it would be the same thing though I wil let someone else chime in on that I just don't want youth get a fish you will regret or one that will terrorize your other fish that's all

i know i wanna research more cuz i love the sharks i wanna get a channel catfish but its a no no cuz when it gets too big ill just cook the sucker but that will be just cruel

I think a red tailed or rainbow shark would be perfect in this sized tank. They're also aggressive enough to hold their own.

I'm pretty sure redtail are more aggressive and the rainbow shark is as nice looking if not better bc all the fins are red not just the tail ;) my grandma has one in her tank with balas and Colombian sharks... The rainbow seems to be in his own little world lol

abrahamavelar said:
cool if i put an albino rainbow can i put a regular red tail shark too

I wouldn't mix anything similar to a redtail with a redtail...

Did you know sharks are a schooling fish they should be kept in groups of 5-6 and not many hobbiests have a tank big enough to sustain them and a red tail will chase your cichlids I am not trying to be mean I am just sharing what I have learned

allaboutfish said:
id go with the rainbow since it's not as aggressive

+1 they can be kept alone but 5-6 and you won't see there normal skittish behavior but I would not recommend that many for you tank I would stick with one rainbow

Back
Top Bottom