Nicks 10 gallon Multi Shell dweller Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha ya when i go to petco they have oscar that are 1in with lines all through there face and are very cute lol. I have to keep myself from buying all the oscars they have.

Haha ya when i go to petco they have oscar that are 1in with lines all through there face and are very cute lol. I have to keep myself from buying all the oscars they have.

Agreed! Petco needs to be more smart i saw an employee recommend a 10 gallon for an Oscar using the inch per gallon rule :(

Check out daves rare fish. Last I looked he had multis for sale. That's where is got my dwellers and they were all nice and healthy!

Rummy nose are extremely sensitive to water conditions, as well as good sized and quick. A 10 gallon is no where near big enough for a proper school of them, not to mention multies will chase them. These may be tiny fish, but if they had the size of many other of the larger tanganyikans, they'd be one of the more aggressive species. They're like chihuahuas of the fish world, a "little fish complex" if you will. Your bristlenos's fins will more than likely be shredded too, and may eventually be killed. I'd also switch the coconut out for Texas Holey rock. I wouldn't recommend a bnp be in a 10 anyway, and multies rarely use anything but shells, the reason being that they use the shells for protection from predators, and in a larger cave like that, many fish could get in or part way in and eat them or their fry.

As for grouping, make sure you get about 5-6 right off the bat together. Once they establish territories (usually an area with a diameter of about 4-5") they will beat and kill any new comers, even if there are open shells. These fish are highly territorial, especially the females and even more so when they have fry

I own a colony of multies (6.6 gallon fluval edge, good sized footprint though) as well as a school of rummynose (75 gallon South American community) and I personally wouldn't put either the rummies in a tank that small, or with multies unless in a larger tank. Multies are highly territorial Nd will guard several inches up into the water column. I personally wouldn't do it, but your tank, your choice

I have a trio of multi's with fry and the female is a little demon! The other fish stay on their side of the tank.The multi's will be getting their own tank this weekend, very interesting watching the older fry help raise the younger ones, no reason to add another fish with them.

I have a trio of multi's with fry and the female is a little demon! The other fish stay on their side of the tank.The multi's will be getting their own tank this weekend, very interesting watching the older fry help raise the younger ones, no reason to add another fish with them.

Completely agree! My females are even mean to each other! If one starts to wander a bit off her territory, she's immediately shooed back by a neighboring female. The male is super easy going and just creates babies lol rough life for him hahaha once they have fry, they are super protective, I currently have 3 generations of fry living together from all three females. It's incredible to watch! My largest female has about 15 little guys swarming the shell right now

Back
Top Bottom