parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just did a recheck on the parameters in my 75 g
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0 ...
my tank isn't fully cycled until I have nitrates, right? I also am treating with melafix. Would that affect the chemistry?
Thanks again

No, nitrates show up as soon as the ammonia starts being converted. You may be testing for trates wrong, you should have a lot of them. What test kit are you using? Liquid test kit you have to shake the solution for 30 seconds, than add the drops to the tank water you are testing, than shake the tube for a minute.

I did that. I've been doing at least 25% eveey other day if not more with about 55 or 60 % change day before yesterday trying to get my ammonia and trites down for my fish. I followed trate directions, API... I don't know

Oh, well than you just genuinely have 0 trates in the water right now. Doesn't mean an uncycled tank, just means your constantly changing the water ha. How long have you been cycling the tank?

It could be pretty close to fully cycled than. Do you have fish in? I'm assuming that's why you've been doing such frequent water changes

Well your doing the right thing, steady water changes. What I would do is check parameters tomorrow, if they're not critical, go another day, and check again. Your tank is probably pretty close to being cycled

thank you, what's considered not critical? a lot of times I'll do at least 25% if the ammonia or nitrite is not 0. My next investment will be a water changer hose thing fo sho, sheesh I'm spent =) worse, I've lost a couple fish to disease and one unexplained death while camping.. =( glad I've almost got it right for the rest

thank you, what's considered not critical? a lot of times I'll do at least 25% if the ammonia or nitrite is not 0. My next investment will be a water changer hose thing fo sho, sheesh I'm spent =) worse, I've lost a couple fish to disease and one unexplained death while camping.. =( glad I've almost got it right for the rest

I guess any reading of ammonia or trites Is "critical". And ya, I have the python water changer, I love it. I do 60% water changes twice a week every week. And this is a learning game, just learn from mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom