Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

13stingeln

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some aggression with my 4 cichlids. Would adding more cichlids make the aggression worse or better ?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you have tons of hiding places made with lots of rock? usually that helps and over stocking on Africans. I don't thing overstocking stops aggression but spreads it out to the point that the aggressor get confused and cant decide who to chase. also for most Africans you will need a 48" tank to have enough territories. Im not too good with Africans and this is just what I have learned on here. Im a sa/ca cichlid kinda guy.

Using what I learned and what I researched as well, Mike is pretty much right.

You will want to have plenty of hiding places and make sure everyone is getting their share of food.

They do get rather territorial but if they are still young or you can get a hand on Africans of their size, you could add more. This is of course entirely dependent on tank size and which ones you want to add.

not my picture but here is a general idea on what you are looking to do with caves and hiding places. Hmm not sure why it dosent show but if you click on it it will.

Attachments

• rocks.jpg
    rocks.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 96
I'm seeing it, you are good mike. And that is a great example.

Lots of rockwork always works out well for you. Sometimes pieces of pvc can help.

Oh okay thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom