spent 6 months stocking this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
2 fire peacocks
1 orange blaze lithobates
1OB ruby red peacock
1 taiwan reef
1 eureka red peacock
1 electric blue ahli
1 fryer iceberg
1 regal peacock
1 blue moori
1 baenschi
1 deep red peacock
1 chipokea peacock
1 insignis
1 syno feather fin
1 syno short fin
2 golden algae eaters
and a ruby red growing in another tank to get bigger for this tank.
am I over stocked?
its a 55 gallon
i spent like 6 months stocking it with premium fish
spent over 950 dollars on the fish

Attachments

• finished complete 55 001.jpg
    finished complete 55 001.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 353
  • finished complete 55 003.jpg
    finished complete 55 003.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 375
That's a 55 gallon,Jesus well over stocked me thinks ? But everyone's aquarium is different ? I've just found 2 of my 4 female Afra Jalo Reef are holding ;-) got a large net holding tank 10 inches by 6 inches...

filtration is: fluval 305 canister filter, penguin 200 biowheel and an Aquaclear 70. 760 gallons per hour. most stages are biological. I overstocked on purpose to cut the territories. I still want oppinions :)

Its overstocked for sure, but definately maintainable if you have a good water change schedule. Wish i had $950 to blow on fish lol. I think it looks great and you have some beautiful fish.

Its overstocked for sure, but definately maintainable if you have a good water change schedule. Wish i had $950 to blow on fish lol. I think it looks great and you have some beautiful fish.

thanks man I spent a lot of time driving up to 60 miles away to pick them out first hand.. the ruby red alone is an f2 supposibly and he is just an inch long already a colorful fish... i was lucky to get a few half price and still i spent a fortune... the eureka is getting his purplish blue... its awesome :)

I feed 8 different types of food high quality flakes, pellets, wafers and whole frozen krill at different times and randomly. I have found that when i started feeding the krill and shrimp pellets for my catfish the cichlids enjoyed them also and they got brighter color and more patterns... :)

Keep up on your changes and you'll be fine!!!! Fish get territorial move the rocks around! Great looking setup!!!

Fluval Fx5

just got a fluval fx5 today filters 925 gallons per hour. so instead of running 3 filters at 760 gallons per hour i have one at 925 gph... also I took out the circulation fans because its a light current through the entire tank :)

Make sure to put the old media in fluval. This will prever a mini cycle

Cichlid-dude said:

Wish I had that money too.. LoL

thanks for that information.... oh well its doing a great job and yes I used old bio max :)

Even though their flow rates and tank size estimates are way over exaggerated its still a great filter. People tend to get caught up on GPH when available biomedia capacity is more important, one of the huge advantages of a wet/dry. I have 3 FX5's running currently and can't say enough good things about them until its time to clean the miserable thing!

Even though their flow rates and tank size estimates are way over exaggerated its still a great filter. People tend to get caught up on GPH when available biomedia capacity is more important, one of the huge advantages of a wet/dry. I have 3 FX5's running currently and can't say enough good things about them until its time to clean the miserable thing!

lol you make cleaning it sound like a blast :) any tips or advice on this specific filter?

Back
Top Bottom